Kampong Style Rice Noddles

Kampong Style Rice Noddles
During my teenager life back is Singapore and Malaysia was cherish-able moment. I was so carefree and contented with myself surrounded with lots of laughter,happiness and small fights among my sister,brothers,cousins and family member even my classmates. Those days were just out of the world feeling so pleased and nothing to worry about. Actually during this period -my interested in cooking was aroused as all my uncles and aunties on my father's side are really very good cooks. Their cooking were simple and very tasty compared to stall brought ones. During my school vacation I will never stay in Singapore..will be on the train back to Kluang .The moment I get off the train-I would have a cup of coffee.Kluang Rail coffee was something.My aunt Vimala Devi is really a very good cook. She prepare these rice noddles and maida porri for breakfast. Not much ingredient were used to prepare these rice noddles and would like to share the recipe with all.. These noodles brings back my old memorize which I missed and cherished to this day.

Ingredients
Serving Size:5

2 cups rice noddles cooked and drained
1 medium onion thinly sliced
1 medium tomato chopped
1tbsp minced garlic
2tbsp Ikan Bilis (anchovy) - pounded
1 cup beans sprouts
chopped coriander leaves
chopped spring onions
1tbsp hot tomato ketchup
1tbsp soy sauce
1tsp chilli powder
1/4tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
2 eggs

Preparation Methods:
Heat a heavy bottomed skillet on medium flame and add 3tbsp olive oil. Once it's heated splutter the mustard seeds followed by the minced garlic and pounded anchovy. Saute till oils separates- then add the onion. Let the onions become brown and add the tomato. Saute til it becomes soft. Now add the beans sprouts and all sauces and chilli powder. Break in the eggs and saute well. Finally add the cooked rice noddles and mix well. Adjust the level of salt and add the chopped coriander leaves as well as the spring onions.Remove form flame and transfer to a serving platter.



Comments

Babli said…
I love noodles but your preparation is absolutely new and I liked it very much. Oh! the picture looks so tempting that I feel like having it now. Lovely dish.
Malar said…
i love maggi noodles very much..i tried to do that maggi masala..but didnt get correctly..i ll try ur noodle recipe..it sounds good
Hi,
first time here..u hv got a gr8 blog..all dishes r very unique..makes me feel hungry...
Ammu Madhu said…
always a delight to see you recipe..
Divya Vikram said…
Great to hear abt your teenage days. Rice noodles look too delicious. ANd nice garnishing!
Lavanya Siva said…
I love noodles in any form, great recipe
Priya said…
Sara ur dish makes me hungry, eventhough i had my lunch:)..such a delicious noodles..
Neha said…
First time to your blog.., You have a lovely blog.., and so nice presentation too... really tempting snap...
So you are from singapore!!
RV said…
Hi Saraswathy,

Please collect the 'Kreativ Blogger' award from my blog.

http://sourashtrakitchen.blogspot.com/2009/10/kreativ-blogger-award-from-aruna.html