Dried Tomatoes

I hardly cannot believe that a bottle of good Sun-Dried Tomatoes cost around $5-$10. A good branded one cost even more.Despite the cost I always get myself a bottle as I'm nuts about these tomatoes drunken in oil and spices.These gives a nutty flavor to any pasta or any dish they paired up with.Just image those-sliced sun-dried tomatoes top with Chicken Pizza-hmmm divine!!The traditional old method of preparing these tomatoes very time consuming. Marinating and drying them under the torching sun is a hectic jobs which could take few days. Thanks to modern technology-within 3 hours you could get the first batch of sun-dried tomatoes..wait that's oven grilled tomatoes.I happen to get my hands on a batch of good juicy Roman tomatoes and decide to try making them at home instead of getting the stored ones. I can even add my own spicy to improve the taste that suit to my family's liking. A relatively small amount of sun-dried tomatoes gives a gourmet touch and a burst of flavor to a variety of recipes. Easy to make, store, and use at home, this is an item you may wish to consider a staple in your pantry.

Ingredients
Serving Size:64 pieces

16 Roman tomatoes
1/4 cup pepper powder
1/4 cup fine chopped thyme
3tbsp crushed red pepper flasks
enough salt
1/4 olive oil
store bought bottled chopped onions

Preparation Methods:
Preheat the oven to 310 °F. Quarter the tomatoes lenghtwise and lay the skin side down on the baking tray. Sprinkle each tomatoes with 1tsp of the each spice ingredient.Bake them for 2 1/2 hours. Check on them occasionally to make sure they don't burn. Toss in the olive oil and cool before pouring them in bottle. Refrigerate for 24 hours before using.






Comments

awesome post. Never knew it can be done at home...
Priya said…
Just love this dried tomatoes...prefect toppings for bruschetta..
Akal's Saappadu said…
I have a bottle at home too; I'm too lazy to do at home but your post is urging me to do some homemade ones. if one can do a bottle of it within 3 hours, why not?
Sanghi said…
Wow.. looks so perfect da.. yummy!
Tina said…
Wow perfect and great idea dear....
Malar Gandhi said…
WOw, I could agree with you more, home made...we can infuse our own fav' spices...and since its quick short cut version...I am in, will try this soon.
Lilly said…
I've been looking for something like this to try at home. I'll be doing this first thing tonight when I get home from work!