Singapore Indian Mee Goreng Version 2

Singapore Indian Mee Goreng Version 2
There's quite a lot of stuffs that we missed about our hometown /motherland here-even friends, relatives and neighbor.I still misses my little 2-year neighbor back in Singapore. As a newly married couple we got a house in Jalan Damai where one of our neighbor -a Malay family had 6 daughters and the youngest one was attached to me( the one in pink). She always be around me, playing and even baby sit me til my hubby returns back from home. Always hugging and giving pats on cheek when I was pregnant with my son. Once she refuse to go home as her parent change the maid- was in my house till her mother came back from work.I wonder how she is now...they moved and I have lost contact.
Another thing that I really miss a lot is food. Singapore is place where one can enjoy the varieties of cuisine from all over the country in one spot.
Actually we Singaporean like to eat :)
The dish which never bored me is Mee Goreng - a popular taste bud of the locals and tourist. If you visit Singapore this dish is must to try in a local hawker centre.
The really taste of the dish can be found only there. I have already post the Mee Goreng recipe but this recipe differs.

Ingredients
Serving Size:4


1 packet yellow egg noodles( available at the Asian Stores)
1 packet fried bean curds cubed
1 cup bean sprout
1 cup boiled potato tossed with 1/2 tsp chili and turmeric powder cut into small cubes
2 eggs
1/2 cup chicken breast sliced
2 red chillies(for garnishing)
1 lime cut into wedges
1 red onion roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1tbsp sesame oil

For Sauce:
2tbsp dark soy sauce
2tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp Chinese Rice Wine
3tbsp tomato ketchup
salt to taste
chopped coriander leaves
chopped spring onions

For Chile Paste:

Blend 10 dried chillies with 2tbsp mince onion in a food processor with 2tbsp sesame oil. Then heat the wok and saute the paste until the oil starts to separates from the paste.Blend in with sauce and set aside.

Preparation Methods:

Blanch the yellow noodles in a pot of hot water-drain and mixed with 2tbsp sesame oil and set side. Heat a heavy bottomed wok with 2tbsp olive oil on medium flame.Add the minced garlic and 2tbsp of the sauce mixture and chopped onions. Saute well. Then add the chicken breast and cook until tender followed by the potatoes,beansprouts and the fried tofu(bead curd).Saute till all the ingredient mixed together well. Add the noodles and sauces and continue to saute. Set the noodles to the side of the work-add some oil and crack the eggs.Scramble the eggs and mix in with the noodles. Serve hot and garnish with chopped spring onions,coriander leaves and sliced red chilies. Squeeze some lime juice over the noodles before eating.


Comments

Sarah Naveen said…
beautiful posts ;)
Mee goreng looks soo yummy.
Priya said…
I love noodles...lipsmacking dish...Loved reading about that pink cute pie...
Babli said…
Lovely and yummy dish. I am very much fond of noodles so I will definitely try your recipe.
Tina said…
Wow noodles...ma all time fav...This sounds great..
Akal's Saappadu said…
it was nice reading your singapore souvenirs!! I've heard so much about the singapore food, somewhat similar with the malaysian food; nice new recipe I'm discovering :)